Have you ever wanted to make your own products – toys, action figures, rings, jewlery, little cars – anything? Prototyping, molding, casting, and working with material to create products has generally been a barrier of entry for a lot of people. When you think about making something, most people immediate think of using wood, clay, or paper to try to design a prototype. However, there are a lot of cool plastic products on the market today that can be easily molded, formed, shaped, and cast to help you accomplish simple prototyping needs.
I just read about this crazy plastic type goo you can buy called Sugru. You can make buy the commercially available stuff, or you can make your own homemade stuff – to shape whatever you want.
There is a commercial version here:
and a homemade version here:
CAUTION: the homemade version gives off some wicked fumes – but they are not bad for the buzz!
If you want some ideas for what you can do with this stuff – check out this site:
Related Posts via Categories
- 30-Proof Alcohol Whipped Cream
- Electric Car Motors Overview
- VTR “S”
- Tri-Magnum – R.Q. Riley
- SHAPELOCK – Moldable Plastic
- STOP SOPA and PIPA
- TREV 3 Wheel Trike
- Precious Metal Clay – jewelry making
- Adult Chocolate Milk
- FREE SOLAR PANELS – how to get them
- Photography Backgrounds
- Tri-Magnum Project Car
- Understanding a solar cell
- What car can I convert to Electric?
- Tips for using Google AdWords
- Install Multiple WordPress Installations Using a Single Database
- Private: Privacy
- St. Jude Childrens Hospital
- Real Estate
- Developing iPhone Apps
- Solar Power
- Solar Power/Alternative energy House Project
- Health and Fitness